With a map open, the user can view coordinates of their location or placemarks. Map coordinates are displayed in the toolbar at the bottom of the Map View.
To change the coordinate display format, tap the coordinates and scroll through to choose the desired format. Included display formats are:
- Lat-Long coordinate formats specific to the map’s coordinate system
- Lat-Long coordinate format options specific to WGS84
- Easting and Northing - different from UTM coordinates and is based on the maps extents and georeferencing
- MGRS/USNG - WGS84
- UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) - a popular format used around the world. There are 3 formats to choose from in the list.
- BNG (British National Grid)* - also known as Ordnance Survey National Grid, comes with 3 formats to choose from and will allow users from the UK to utilize their locale coordinate format derived from the OSGB36 datum. Note that this coordinate format will only work within the British Isles, along with some surrounding areas.
- What3Words - a simple, single coordinate format that uses 3 words to refer to any 3-by-3 meter square on the Earth (see https://what3words.com for more information)/ We've also included an auto-complete function when using tools such as "Find by Coordinates" which provides suggested options based on what you are typing in.
*BNG (British National Grid) coordinate display format is a Pro feature