Map features, such as placemarks, tracks, lines, and areas can be exported for use in another device, or GIS software. Users can export map features directly from a map (one map at a time), or export all features at once from the Layers tab.
Supported export formats
Currently, the following formats are supported for export:
- KML/KMZ (placemarks, lines, tracks, and areas)
- Shapefile* (placemarks, lines, tracks, and areas)
- CSV (placemarks only)
- GPX (placemarks, lines, and tracks)
*Shapefiles require a Pro Subscription, as well as the appropriate files combined together in a ZIP folder in order to successfully import (.shp, .shx, .prj, and .dbf)
You can export with the following options:
- Filename - By default this will use the name of the map but can be changed to something more appropriate if required
- Export Format
- Data - This section lets you specify whether to export all the features, schema only, or specific features/layers using the Custom option.
- Media Size - This option is valid for data that has images attached to it, and if the appropriate data type is selected (KML/KMZ, or Shapefile*). The Media Size options available are:
- No Image
- Export - This option will export the data using the settings you designated
*Shapefiles require a Pro Subscription, as well as the appropriate files combined together in a ZIP folder in order to successfully import (.shp, .shx, .prj, and .dbf).
Exporting map features from the Layers tab
To export all map features from the Layers tab:
- Tap the Layers tab
- Tap the Menu icon (lower right corner)
- Select 'Export Map Features'
- Choose the applicable export settings (see above for details on each setting)
- Tap Export to export the data. Please be aware of your export destination and any size restrictions that may be in place.
This is where users have the option of exporting All Features. This includes every layer that sits in your Layers Tab regardless of whether it is linked to a map. This is great if you need to export a backup of your data so that if anything should happen to your device, all of your data is safe.
If you click on all features under the Data heading, you can choose to export all of the features associated with your current map, make a custom selection of those features or export Schema only without features.