Map features, such as placemarks, tracks, lines, and areas can be exported for use in another device, or GIS software. Users can export map features directly from a map (one map at a time), or export all features at once from the Layers tab.
Supported export formats
Currently, the following formats are supported for export:
- KML/KMZ (placemarks, lines, tracks, and areas)
- Shapefile* (placemarks, lines, tracks, and areas)
- CSV (placemarks only)
- GPX (placemarks, lines, and tracks)
*Shapefiles require a Pro Subscription, as well as the appropriate files combined together in a ZIP folder in order to successfully import (.shp, .shx, .prj, and .dbf)
You can export with the following options:
- Filename - By default this will use the name of the map but can be changed to something more appropriate if required
- Export Format
- Media Size - This option is valid for data that has images attached to it, and if the appropriate data type is selected (KML/KMZ, or Shapefile*). The Media Size options available are:
- No Image
- Export Visible Only - This option allows you to only export features that are visible. It is an ideal way to only export certain layers or features if required
- Export - This option will export the data and schema using the settings you designated to the storage location or email of your choice
- Export Schema Only - This option will only export the attribute schema (no map features). Please note that in order to use this option, the format must be KML/KMZ to be used in the app again
*Shapefiles require a Pro Subscription, as well as the appropriate files combined together in a ZIP folder in order to successfully import (.shp, .shx, .prj, and .dbf).
Exporting map features from the Layers tab
To export all map features from the Layers tab:
- Tap the Layers tab
- Tap the Menu icon (lower right corner)
- Select 'Export Map Features'
- Choose the applicable export settings (see above for details on each setting)
- Tap Export to export the data. NOTE: this option exports all the data contained within the Layers tab. Please be aware of your export destination and any size restrictions that may be in place.