The current release of Avenza Maps (3.7) is compatible with Android versions 6.0 and higher only. For those users who are using Android 5.x please see the link below to download the compatible version of Avenza Maps.
Please note that this version is not officially supported. Any issues or feature requests will not be remedied in an update to the old version. All fixes and improvements will only be made available in the newer releases available via the Google Play store. Users with active Avenza Maps Pro subscriptions are entitled to receive limited support for this version related to workflow and process matters only.
To install this version of the app please see the steps below:
- On your Android device, tap the link above to start the download (you may need to select what you want to use to initiate the download - Chrome, Dropbox, etc. - any option is fine)
- Once the download is complete, select the square with an arrow (if you used the Dropbox app to download) or navigate to where the file downloaded (if you used Chrome to download), and select the PDFMaps-release.apk file
- Tap "Install"
- If prompted to adjust your security settings for your device to allow for developer apps, please follow the prompts to do so (this will vary depending on the device)
- Once permission is granted, tap Install again
- The app should now be installed and you should see it as version 3.5.3
*Viewpoint from Dropbox app. Please note this may appear differently depending on your exact operating system, and version of Dropbox.