Manage Symbol Sets, available within the Settings section of the app, allows Pro subscribers to import, and manage pre-installed and custom symbol sets.
Within this section, users are able to:
- Import Symbol Sets using the .avenzasymbols extension
- Import Symbol Sets using the .kml/kmz extension
- Rearrange the order of symbol sets
- Toggle individual symbols on/off
- Rename custom imported symbol sets
- Delete custom imported symbol sets
Getting a New Symbol Set
Pro Users are able to request .avenzasymbols files from Avenza Support. What we need from you;
- Send the symbols you would like created as 32 x 32 or 64 x 64 images in PNG format
- The PNG file must be named what you would like the symbol to be named
- The name cannot include accents, just plain text
- This should come packaged in a .ZIP folder
Please remember that if the symbols are provided with a white background, they will be created with a white background that will display in Avenza Maps. If you do not what a white background, please set this to no fill. We will then send you a .avenzasymbols file for you to import on your device.
Importing a Symbol Set
To import a symbol set, go to Settings in Avenza Maps and then select Manage Symbol Sets. Using the “Plus” icon in the top right corner, you can select how you would like to import your symbol sets file. The process of importing symbol sets is the same for .avenzasymbol files and .kml/kmz files.
Managing Symbol Sets
You can also manage your symbol sets when dropping a placemark and selecting its symbol.
To reorder or delete your imported symbol sets, click on the edit button in the top right-hand corner. You can then use the red delete icon to remove an imported symbol set from your library and drag it on the right side of the symbol set to move it up and down within the list.