Map features, such as placemarks, tracks, lines, and areas can be exported for use in another device, or GIS software.
Users can export map features directly from a map (one map at a time), or export all features at once from the Layers tab.
Supported export formats
Currently, the following formats are supported for export:
- KML/KMZ (placemarks, lines, tracks, and areas)
- Shapefile* (placemarks, lines, tracks, and areas)
- CSV (placemarks only)
- GPX (placemarks, lines, and tracks)
*Shapefiles require a Pro Subscription, as well as the appropriate files combined together in a ZIP folder in order to successfully import (.shp, .shx, .prj, and .dbf)
You can export with the following options:
- Filename - By default this will use the name of the map but can be changed to something more appropriate if required
- Export Format
- Data - This section lets you specify whether to export all the features, schema only, or specific features/layers using the Custom option.
- Media Size - This option is valid for data that has images attached to it, and if the appropriate data type is selected (KML/KMZ, or Shapefile*). The Media Size options available are:
- No Image
- Export - This option will export the data using the settings you designated
*Shapefiles require a Pro Subscription, as well as the appropriate files combined together in a ZIP folder in order to successfully import (.shp, .shx, .prj, and .dbf).
Exporting map features from a map
To export map features directly from a map:
- Open the desired map you wish to export features from
- Tap the Map Features icon (next to the three dots)
- Tap the Menu icon (lower right corner)
- Select 'Export Map Features'
- Choose the applicable export settings (see above for details on each setting)
- To export specific features or layers, please use the Custom option under the heading “Data”
- To export schema only, please select this option under the heading “Data”
- Tap Export to export the data
You can then set the name of the export file and choose a format. Pro Users are able to export as a Shapefile (placemarks, lines, tracks, and areas) as well as KML/KMZ (placemarks, lines, tracks, and areas), CSV (placemarks only) and GPX (placemarks, lines, and tracks). You will need to select an appropriate file type but as KML/KMZ supports all feature types, this is the recommended choice for most purposes. The Media Size Setting determines the size of images that you may have attached to placemarks.
If you click on all features under the Data heading, you can choose to export all of the features associated with your current map, make a custom selection of those features or export Schema only without features.