Avenza Maps 3.15 includes a variety of changes including new features, changes to existing features, as well as changes to the look and feel. This release also featured some key changes "under the hood" which will help set the foundation for some exciting changes to come!
Changes that users can expect to see in 3.15 include:
- Placemark sharing has been improved, recipients will now see a link to a map store product to install and view the shared placemark.
- [Android] Notification will now be issued once arriving at the terminal point in a navigation activity
- [Android] Option to view individual Placemarks in Google Maps has been moved to the share menu
- A default Placemark name property can now be set when editing a Layer
- [iOS] You can now specify which folder in-app photos are saved to
- Placemark sharing has been reworked making it easier to share placemarks and the store maps they are viewed on with your peers! The recipient of a shared placemark will be prompted to install the same store map where the placemark can then be viewed.
- Usability improvements make it easier to browse content using map view on tablets
- Improvements to My Account related screens so it is easier to register and update account information
- Added the ability to delete your map store account
- Braze hookups integrated to allow in-app marketing campaign support
- Android users can now set up recurring subscriptions via Google Play Store
- New image processing
- GDAL library updates to support more of the latest custom map projections
- [Android] Updated SD card functionality affecting where the app can be installed
- Additional minor bug fixes and improvements
- Android versions 6 & 7 is no longer supported