Avenza Maps allows you to create, import and export a variety of map features to suit your needs - whether that be professional or recreational.
Map features can be:
- GPS Tracks
Map features can be seen and managed from within the Map View, or from the Layers tab.
Viewing Map Features from the Map View
With a map open, to see all map features, tap . This will now display a list of all the layers and features linked with that map. Map features exist in one layer by default. This means that areas, lines, placemarks, and tracks will all exist in the same layer. The green ‘Active’ label indicates that it is the current layer - any additional map features (areas, lines, placemarks, or tracks) added to the map are placed on that layer.
Android - Viewing and Editing Map Features
After tapping users can do a long press to select a Layer, and edit it by tapping . This opens the Edit Layer page where you can link the layer to other maps, lock the layer, set default styling and change the layer name. This is also where you would go to set a different layer as your active layer.
iOS - Viewing and Editing Map Features
After tapping users can press “Edit”, and then edit the Layer by tapping . This opens the Edit Layer page where you can link the layer to other maps, lock the layer, set default styling and change the layer name. This is also where you would go to set a different layer as your active layer.
Viewing Map Features from the Layers tab
From the Layers tab, you can see all the layers and features that are contained within Avenza Maps. In addition to seeing which layers and features you have, this tab also allows you to see what map(s) , if any, the layer and features are linked to.
For Android devices, the Layers tab can be accessed via the accessible from the My Maps or Map Store tabs.
For iOS devices, the Layers tab can be accessed via the Maps List, Map Store or Settings tabs.
In addition to viewing map features from the Map View or Layers, there are several additional actions you can take to manage your data:
- Import Map Features - allows you to choose the source location of the file, import schema only, as well as link the layer to a specific map on import
- Export Map Features - allows you to choose the format and destination for export, as well as options to export specific layers, or all layers at once
- Add Layer - allows you to create a blank data layer for future data collection or organization purposes (accessible after tapping first)
- Search Map Features or Layers - allows you to find a specific feature or layer
- Edit/Delete Map Features or Layers - allows you to rename, change symbology/styling, add attributes, and change the active layer - after selecting a layer by doing long press
Please sign in to leave a comment.