If you are importing a map and receive the error message "Error cannot open the file it may be corrupted" this is likely due to the method in which you have imported your map. This error is usually seen on iOS devices when importing through a Microsoft application, most notably Outlook or OneDrive.
The following workarounds can be used to import your maps successfully.
- Sending maps to your device through another email provider (eg. Gmail)
- Importing through another cloud service (eg. Dropbox, GoogleDrive)
We understand that these solutions may not be available or may not be an option to all of our users, therefore the following are possible solutions you may try to get Outlook and OneDrive to work.
- Check your security settings within your Microsoft apps and ensure that sharing is enabled with other applications
- If using OneDrive, have the files downloaded from the cloud and stored within the internal storage before importing them into Avenza Maps
- Disabling syncing within your OneDrive
- Use your device's native email app, for iOS this is the Mail app, instead of the Outlook app
- Use Safari to log into your Outlook/OneDrive account, instead of the app, to download your files to your device