You can replace the map file that users download from the Map Store without having to create a new map listing. This allows users to download the new, updated version of your map, without having to search the Map Store. Updating a map is a simple three-step process:
- From the Edit Product page of the map you wish to update, click the Update this map button in the Actions section on the right of the page.
- Click the Create a new version button. You will be asked whether you want your existing map to remain For Sale, or archived immediately while you complete the versioning process. If you may take a while to complete the listing information for the new map, leaving the existing map For Sale makes sure there is no downtime for your maps.
- You’ll now be prompted to upload a new map file, once uploaded you begin processing the map.
- Make any necessary changes to the Map details page and then Submit for Review.
- You are required to add a What’s New field to inform users what has changed.
- You can choose to give this new version for free to users who’ve purchased older versions of your map, add a discount SKU for your map, which grants previous purchasers the ability to upgrade to the latest version for a lesser fee, or set the new version of your map without a discount; making it the same price to new and previous users.
NOTE: Once submitted, the map will go through the same map review process as all-new maps, with no exceptions made for updated maps. This also includes waiting periods associated with new SKUs that may be introduced.