You can replace the map file that users download from the Map Store without having to create a new map listing. This allows users to download the new, updated version of your map, without having to search the Map Store. Updating a map is a simple three-step process:
- From the Edit Product page of the map you wish to update, click the Update this map button in the Actions section on the right of the page.
- From there users have a couple of options
- Create a new version. You will be asked whether you want your existing map to remain For Sale, or archived immediately while you complete the versioning process. It may take a while to complete the listing information for the new map, leaving the existing map For Sale makes sure there is no downtime for your maps.
- Update Map File or Pricing. This automatically takes your existing map listing from "For Sale" and puts it in a "Prepare for Review" state so that users can no longer access it. The file you upload will replace the existing map file completely, so users who have purchased the map in the past will automatically get access to the new map should they redownload it
- You’ll now be prompted to upload a new map file, once uploaded you begin processing the map.
- Make any necessary changes to the Map details page and then Submit for Review
- For users who have selected the "Create a new version" option, you are required to add a What’s New field to inform users of what has changed.
- You can choose to give this new version for free to users who’ve purchased older versions of your map, add a discount SKU for your map, which grants previous purchasers the ability to upgrade to the latest version for a lesser fee, or set the new version of your map without a discount; making it the same price to new and previous users.
NOTE: Once submitted, the map will go through the same map review process as all-new maps, with no exceptions made for updated maps. This also includes waiting periods associated with new SKUs that may be introduced.