With a map open, the user can view coordinates of their location or placemarks. Map coordinates are displayed in the toolbar at the bottom of the Map View.
To change the coordinate display format, tap the coordinates and scroll through to choose the desired format. Included display formats are:
- Lat-Long coordinate formats specific to the map’s coordinate system, format options based on WGS84 or the map datum depending on the setting chosen in 'Units of measurement'
- Easting and Northing - different from UTM coordinates and is based on the maps extents and georeferencing
- MGRS/USNG - WGS84 (Military Grid Reference System / US National Grid are similar when based on the WGS84 datum, and similar to BNG, UTM, etc.)
- UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) - a popular format used around the world. There are 3 formats to choose from in the list.
- BNG (British National Grid) - also known as Ordnance Survey National Grid, comes with 3 formats to choose from and will allow users from the UK to utilize their locale coordinate format derived from the OSGB36 datum. Note that this coordinate format will only work within the British Isles, along with some surrounding areas.
- What3Words - a simple, single coordinate format that uses 3 words to refer to any 3-by-3 meter square on the Earth (see https://what3words.com for more information). We've also included an auto-complete function when using tools such as "Find by Coordinates" which will provide suggested options based on what you have entered.
*BNG (British National Grid) coordinate display is a Pro feature
Please sign in to leave a comment.